Make It In March Competition 2022

Originally published at: https://knowledge.axminstertools.com/make-it-in-march-competition-2022/

Make It In March is back! Make a woodworking project this March for your chance to win our BIGGEST tool bundle yet!

All you need to do is make a woodworking project within the month of March and share your creation on one of our channels. Then, at the end of the month, our esteemed judges will select one well-earned winner. Since starting our Make It In March competition back in 2018, the competition has grown and grown and we have witnessed some incredible, captivating, and truly genius masterpieces. This year, whether they be small or big, we want to see your creations!

To be in with a chance of winning, simply make a woodworking project in the month of March 2022 and follow the entry procedure below.

How to enter

Show us what projects you have completed this March by uploading your photo to Instagram, Facebook or on to our Community Forum.

Snap It

Simply take a photo of your project.

Tag It

Use the #MakeItInMarch22 hashtag, tag @axminstertools, and upload it to one of the following;

Win It

Win the biggest tool bundle worth more than £2500!

The Make It In March Competition is limited to one entry per user. The competition closes at midnight on 01/04/2022.

1 Like

3 Likes

#Makeitinmarch2022#

:heart:

@axminster tools #make it in March 2022

2 Likes

A little tray to hold those foam strips from the green & white LFT kits, which hold my drill accessories rather nicely, & keep it all tidy.

Three clocks for the executive desktop. Turned on the WL406 in Yew and Walnut.
Regards Frederick

2 Likes

3 Likes

#makeitinmarch22

A wood-turned figure made of beech, yew, laburnum, knobthorn and oak.

3 Likes

#MakeItInMarch22

Birch plywood panels carved with an arbotech mini turbo plane , details drawn with pyrography and a mini blow torch. Made for my friends log cabin by Miss Zabdi Keen.

3 Likes

Having recently found out we have our first little one on the way, I am working to tidy up and get the house finished. My first piece of real furniture is finally finished, organising the muddy boots and dog towels in our porch. I made plenty of mistakes, but had great fun doing it and am mightily pleased with the results…

#MakeItInMarch22 / @axminstertools

3 Likes

Spectraply bottle opener. I had some Spectraply brought over from the US by a relative and thought I’d try mixing it up a bit…:joy:

2 Likes

Oak and Walnut urn.

2 Likes

Garden Table and folding chairs/stools.
Macintosh style
Made in Sapele and European Oak. Parasol holder in turned aluminium.

1 Like

I made this lighthouse from sapele salvaged from an old staircase Newell post
destined for the tip and holly from a tree that my sister donated. The lantern glass is a honey jar and it is illuminated with LEDs powered via a USB cable.

1 Like

A fairly large inlay project finished in March
Mahogany with maple and paduak inlays
Black rectangles are to mask a military service number

2 Likes

I’m relatively new to woodwork, having recently taken early retirement, and have been immersing myself in the craft, volunteering at my local ‘Men’s shed’ when I’m not in my own workshop. I’ve also been documenting my woodworking journey on youtube DIY Tinkerer - YouTube This particular build, a Dobsonian Telescope Mount, was for a friend of mine and had to be completed in time for an Astro-Camp later this month, I could not have made this without my Trusty AC 216TS, I’d previously gone down a rabbit hole using a tracksaw, but the table saw has transformed what I can do.

I’m completely in awe of what others have posted, and would love to have the skills to make them, which I currently don’t, however with every build I learn something, and know I’m a different wood worker today than I was a year ago.

2 Likes

#MakeItInMarch22

Small bowl and 2 coasters made for a good wood turning friend (TH)

2 Likes

#MakeItInMarch22 / @axminstertools Spalted beech table lamp

2 Likes

Backgammon board. Walnut, oak and wedge veneer and solid wood. Only the dice and hinges were not made by me.

4 Likes

#MakeItInMarch22/@axminstertools