Make It In March Competition 2019

Originally published at: https://knowledge.axminster.co.uk/make-it-in-march-competition-2019/

Win the ultimate tool hamper in our Make it in March competition. Simply upload a picture of a woodworking project or job that you’ve done this March for your chance of winning the ultimate tool hamper.

OK, here is the stable door I have just made. Used your Bosch router which was really brilliant

3 Likes

Here’s my latest Intarsia, its made from Sycamore, Beech, Walnut and used my Axminster EX30 Scroll Saw plus my Axminster bandsaw and sanders.! The Owl is Life sized and the window is actually 3/4" plywood sprayed with granite paint .

2 Likes

Apple jar in sycamore, turned on my Axminster AC305WL wood lathe.

4 Likes

This my first attempt at wood turning, I bought my AH1218VS just before Christmas, and this is genuinely the first thing I have turned, I am absolutely over the moon.

2 Likes

A Tulipwood sculpture, it’s just to look at, it leans to one side (a kind of angled slice), getting a planer thicknesser soon, cant wait!

3 Likes

This is a table top I made
This has a 300mm slab of steel running through the wooden top.
This was a good test if my new festool hkc55 saw and tracks

1 Like

3 Likes

#MakeItInMarch19

2 Likes

I made this bowl in Brown Oak, with a raised cup to hold an egg. There are two chicks “hatched” made from Holly and Yew.

The other eggs are made from Yew, Sepele, Purple Heart, Banksia, American Walnut, Chestnut with Purple Heart, Chestnut, and Silver Birch.

2 Likes

Hello. I just finished making and installing these oak floating picture shelves as a gift for a family member. They are made from scraps I was given as I don’t have a lot of money for tools or materials so I mostly recycle.
I used a hand plane to joint all the pieces and glued them up to form a larger piece suitable for a the shelf. A small borrowed router was used to cut the V groove.
They are not perfect but I am pleased and more importantly is the person for whom they were made.

!

1 Like

Close up picture.

1 Like

A small bowl made in Ancient or Swamp Kauri. The yellow and green wood is 3860 years old and is a very unusual example as it has ‘whitebait’ streaks running through it. It was produced from the core of a much larger bowl made for me by Rick Taylor in New Zealand just before Christmas.
It’s wet and dry sanded to 1500g and finished with three coats of shellac and raw linseed oil, burnished between each coat with 0000 grade wire wool.

2 Likes

This is a garden reading nook I built & just finally got the round door done & on. I primarily used cedar & built it in a curve around the front of a tree. The straight walls are slanted to a comfortable seating angle & inside there is a super comfy Adirondack/Muskoka style seat with storage. The windows are acrylic plastic. The roof is cedar shingled. I lined the ceiling inside with the left over scrap. I have never done building or shingling before so (acknowledging many, MANY lessons learned) I’m pretty happy - no leaks!
As I am limited to one image as a new user I chose this one as it gives you a good overall view of the roof and shape.

3 Likes

Here’s humpty dumty I have just finished for Easter .

3 Likes

With spring approaching, our client commissioned us to design and make a 5m Bonsai Bench for his back garden. It comprises 78 Iroko components repeatedly machined using a planer and ‘thicknesser’ as well as a table saw for precise assembly to the millimetre.

Finished with Teak oil.

#MakeItInMarch19

2 Likes

Bonsai bench

#MakeItInMarch19

Bonsai bench

#MakeItInMarch19

Posting on behalf of Dr Dave Waddoup:

Here is a rocking horse that I completed for my granddaughter’s first birthday using a variety of tools purchase from Axminster. #MakeItInMarch19

3 Likes

Hi!!. It’s my first post here. This is my best friend’s birthday present, serving tray with transparent epoxy filled lettering (phrase by Michael Jordan). I’m not a proffesional, just learning project after project. I hope you like it. Good luck to everyone!

2 Likes